MVNA received pro bono services from The Brand Toolbox and spent about 18 months developing a new name, brand and logo. MVNA is now entering the public phase of the brand rollout. We are looking for the transformation of our current website that is a mess of inconsistency in page designs and looks, into a creation that is professional looking, high-quality, eye-catching and that helps us launch our new brand, name and logo. We desire a website that draws the user in and keeps them interested in discovering more information about MVNA and what we have to offer. Hospice of the Twin Cities, an MVNA subsidiary and their own 501 (c) (3), obtained a new website last year. MVNA would like a website that looks similar to Hospiceâ€™s for consistency in branding, but the platform can be different. We would like a website that can be quickly and frequently updated to stay current with our client needs. We need new pages. We need a website that serves multiple constituencies: patients newly diagnosed with a chronic disease; pregnant and parenting teens; people with disabilities; volunteers; students and interns; supporters (individuals, corporations, foundations, civic groups); and community partners. MVNA serves people age newborn to over 100 years of age and we need a website that is able to touch all of their lives in a positive way. We desperately need the website to have the ability to let various constituents complete and submit forms through the website. We currently lose site optimization due to the Home Page words being embedded in an image.
Our web site visits have gone from a high of 100,347 in 2007 to 83,592 in 2013, a 17% decrease! We need your help!
Our dream website will:
1) Include the following types of tabs and pages that has natural page flows and easily navigated back and forth between pages with a static navigation bar on every page:
â€¢ Home Page and Welcome
â€¢ About Us Page
o Mission and Values
o Contact Us
o Media with press releases, newsletters, annual reports, and media inquiry contact information
o Financial and policy information required by law and for Charities Review and accreditation standards to have available to the public
â€¢ Pages for our four divisions and 20 and growing programs.
o Wellness Services is a revenue stream for many other MVNA programs. Wellness Services provides biometric screens, classes and flu clinics to companies and at community sites. This program needs the ability for companies to go through our website to reach â€œback pagesâ€ for clinic scheduling, marketing wellness to employees and connecting to a partnership with a third party. Need E-commerce ability.
o Multiple programs need a portal for forms exchange
â€¢ Learning Page
o Information for patients, the public, students, media and donors about the evidence-based models we utilize, information on diseases, parenting knowledge, and issues of importance to MVNA like health equity
â€¢ Caregiver Page
o Managing stress
o Community resources and support groups
â€¢ Volunteer Page
o Support a new formal volunteer program we are creating as a part of our 2014 strategic plan
o Include ability to view volunteer openings
o Complete a secure online application
o Self-registration for orientation sessions
â€¢ Health Care Professional Page
o Seasonal flu clinic staff with ability to interact with online training manuals
o Scheduling features through a ServeMan login
â€¢ Contribute Page
o Online donation mechanism for gifts, memorials and sponsorships
â€¢ Career Opportunities Page
o Review and sign off on having read our mission and values
o Employment applications (currently have a career webpage hosted through our applicant tracking system Prospera)
2) Have the ability to support embedded video, downloadable PDFs, and hyperlinks to resources beyond our website.
3) Incorporate flash to show pictures that rotate or change. Currently each page is a set template and not flexible for changing pictures. We have limited ability to do videos. We desire the ability to do slideshows for our home page to publicize updates and programs; and have reverted to an animated gif in order to achieve this.
4) Need plugins to help promote social and search metrics (currently do not use Google Analytics).
5) Ability to support social media feeds that can update automatically and hyperlink to agency LinkedIn profile, ability to blog, Facebook and do rss feeds.
6) Enables pages to be easily updated, added, and removed. Seek a website that contains a Content Management System allowing any internal Marketing Team staff member to make instant modifications (text, photographic and file uploads, hyperlinks, dynamically generated news feeds from other sources, etc.), which will free up IT staff. Current website is developed with Dreamweaver CS4, three versions back, and only one IT person can make changes.
7) Allows for text enlargement when needed by the viewer.
8) Make each unique visitor feel like an honored guest who had a good experience while visiting and that they have learned at least one piece of information to help them lead a healthy life.
Our dream partnership: A team during The Nerdery Overnight Web Challenge!
What we bring to the challenge: Passion for our mission, enthusiasm to learn, team players, a sense of humor, a project lead who is fun to work with while also being a consummate professional, and a can-do attitude!